Monday 17 April 2017

Part Three: The real search begins...

From census records, I had parents and siblings. From articles I had found much praise of the great George Bruce Chapman and his circus and zoo.

This article, a good example, was published in the Derby Daily Telegraph on the 20th of October, 1928.

And then I found another article, that was written up after his passing.


Published in the same newspaper as before, on the 18th of March, in 1935.

And then, to aid in the search of descendants: this article was published on the 30th of March, 1935, in the publication The Stage. 

All of these articles were valuable pieces of information that have aided me in my search thus far and I found myself thankful that I had used the searches in the find my past website and they had included such a wide range of newspapers. Another article that I found, told of his daughter and sister teary eyed when G.B. Chapman Ltd went under the hammer, auctioned off on the eve of what would be called the second world war.

No comments:

Post a Comment