Sunday 16 April 2017

Part Four: The Descendants

Back to my Find my past uk, this time, to find descendants. Hopefully of ones still living.
Thanks to the article detailing how his personalty would be divided, I had some names and a way of narrowing down the results I found.

I soon discovered that his sister Ada Chapman did not marry, but his other sister, Alice, did marry, Percy Clarke.

Clarke is just a common name as Chapman, but the search proved easy once more when I found that Alice's daughter, married a man with the surname Engler.

I was overjoyed. So very useful when the people I searched and typed in with increasing determination had an unusual and uncommon name.
From there I was able to find living descendants. On that part of the search, I pressed pause. I wanted actual proof.

What I really wanted to find, was a photo of the man I sought. I felt sure that if I did, there might be a few features similar or even perhaps, exactly like my grandfather or mother. A visual clue that this search wasn't in vain and that I wasn't barking up the wrong tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment